Book an appointment at any time at SIS Swiss International School, either face to face or online
Choosing the best school for your child is an important decision and it is best to research all your options in detail. SIS Swiss International School will be delighted to introduce the benefits of bilingual instruction and how their school positively influences children on their way to becoming independent adults. They will also be happy to show you the school grounds and offer an insight into how lessons are held.
You can book an appointment at any time with the Principal of the SIS school in your area. The meeting can take place either face to face or online. Before you book the meeting, have a look at the Admissions process so you understand a little bit better what this entails.
Benefits of studying at SIS Swiss International School
Bilingual education pioneer
SIS is a bilingual education pioneer using the full immersion method to teach English and German. SIS students are immersed daily in both German and English, so that they not only learn to express themselves naturally and confidently in both languages, but also assimilate smoother the local life and culture.
Your child will be equipped to study at top universities
SIS is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School where students can complete the IB Diploma, in addition to the Swiss bilingual Matura. With this dual qualification, students can study at a top university worldwide.
Full day schedule
SIS offers a structured day school and extracurricular programme including lunch, homework supervision, flexible drop-off and pick-up times, as well as activities and clubs, even during school holidays.
Discover all SIS Swiss International Schools in Switzerland
1. SIS Swiss International School Basel, the SIS flagship school. Bilingual lessons have been taught, constantly developed and refined here for twenty years, and the school has become an integral part of the surrounding community.
2. SIS Swiss International School Männedorf-Zürich. A high-quality bilingual learning environment - embedded between lake, urban and rural areas - between Switzerland and the world. Since 2009, SIS Männedorf-Zürich has been offering immersive, bilingual education from kindergarten to primary school at their beautifully located school, directly by Lake Zürich.
3. SIS Swiss International School Pfäffikon-Schwyz. The state-of-the-art SIS campus is situated at the intersection of the main traffic arteries between Chur, Zürich, Rapperswil and Einsiedeln and leaves nothing to be desired in terms of bilingual learning and life experience.
4. SIS Swiss International School Rotkreuz-Zug. Opened in August 2012, the SIS school in Rotkreuz-Zug is a growing population of eager, curious learners with an ever-developing reputation within the local education landscape.
5. SIS Swiss International School Schönenwerd. Situated between Aarau and Olten, SIS Schönenwerd's bilingual preschool and primary school offer a diverse learning environment. On the former production site of the internationally renowned leather manufacturer Bally, SIS now educates children to become open-minded, committed and articulate citizens of the world.
6. SIS Swiss International School Zürich. On the site of a former thread factory and easily accessible by public transport, SIS Zürich offers an exceptional infrastructure for all education levels. Over twenty spacious classrooms, a variety of special subject rooms for arts, music, crafts and woodwork, a gym and a library are to be found under one roof in the school building. A cafeteria and the popular roof terrace offer recreational space for personal development and stories – be it in German or in English.
7. SIS Swiss International School Zürich-Wollishofen. It is not only the school’s easy access to public transport but also its exclusive location that makes SIS Zürich-Wollishofen unique. Separated from Lake Zürich by an extensive public park, the two school buildings are combined in a charming garden complex. The bilingual kindergarten is housed in the historical building, whereas the bilingual primary school, library and cafeteria can be found in the modern school building. It is a truly ideal setting for learning, growing up, stories and history.
Did you find the right school in your region?
Book appointment now
Find out more about SIS Swiss International School
A Bilingual Education Pioneer
What distinguishes SIS Swiss International School from other schools in the high-quality and diverse Swiss education landscape is its highly effective and consistent educational concept. SIS schools are part of the SIS Group, which has been a pioneer in the bilingual education arena since 1999.
Teaching at SIS follows the full immersion method with half of the lessons being taught by a native speaker of English, the other half by a native speaker of German. Daily interactions also, be it in the schoolyard, at lunch, during events or excursions, are conducted 50% in English and 50% in the local language (German in Switzerland) - the two official school languages.
Bilingualism, however, is not a requirement for entry at any level.
International Baccalaureate (IB) and Swiss Matura
SIS is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. The carefully developed SIS bilingual curriculum prepares students for both nationally and internationally recognized qualifications such as the Swiss bilingual Matura and/or the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB).
Global presence and a strong local network
SIS Swiss International School is part of the SIS Group which operates 17 SIS schools worldwide (in Switzerland, Germany and Brazil), with more than 3,700 students overall. There are 7 bilingual SIS day schools in Switzerland, located in the German-speaking part of Switzerland. From kindergarten through to secondary and college level, more than 1,600 students from both local and internationally mobile families are educated in English and German at one of these SIS schools.
High quality standards
The SIS network ensures consistently high-quality standards, as structures and processes at all schools are evaluated, developed and enhanced on an ongoing basis.
Get the best of both worlds: international education with local insight
SIS' educational concept allows children to experience the best of both worlds. By means of bilingual classroom instruction in English and German, students receive an international education without being isolated from the local community. The school's curriculum is based on the local Swiss curriculum and is supplemented by elements of international curricula. SIS offers students a diverse school environment that simultaneously fosters an awareness of the wider world and a relationship to their immediate environment.